Earlier this year, IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts and Zales, The Jewelry Store embarked on a search for The Most Epic Proposal Ever, asking romantic guys across the country to detail how they would stage the most elaborate, over-the-top and creative marriage proposal ever at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraíso in beautiful Riviera Maya, Mexico.
The contest winner, John Noojin of Lincoln, NE, won a chance to make his epic proposal come true and, after three months of intense planning, gave his girlfriend Kylie Hauer, the surprise of her life. Naturally, she said YES!
You can watch it all unfold here:
So what did it take to pull off the world’s most epic proposal, valued at over $65,000?
- 8 Days & 6,614 Pounds of Sand to Build a 10-foot-tall Sandcastle
- 1 Person Spraying the Sand Sculpture with Salt Water Every 30 Minutes for 8 Days So it Wouldn’t Crumble
- 50 IBEROSTAR Employees to Plan the Big Surprise
- 30 Dancers Performing a Mayan Ritual with Flames
- 1 Tiara with 111 Crystals
- 1 Zales Celebration Fire Diamond, the Most Brilliant Diamond in the World, with 71 Precise Facets
- 5-Person Production Crew to Film Every Moment
- 2 Madly In Love People
Pretty crazy, don’t you think?