A few weeks ago, Ford brought me out to Dearborn Michigan to attend their annual Go Further With Ford event, a 3-day trend conference that covers a wide variety of topics. As some of you might remember, I attending this event last year and I had a great time, so I was really looking forward to seeing what they had in store for us this time around.
When I checked in at the registration desk, they told me that complimentary manicures were starting at 2pm. OMG, this trip was already off to a great start!
With about an hour to spare, I went to my room, unpacked, and then headed downstairs to get some lunch. Afterwards, I headed to the hospitality suite where the manicures were being given and got in line. (Apparently word traveled fast)
Now you might find it odd that a car company was giving out free manis, but it turns out that Ford and OPI had partnered on a limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the iconic Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six standout shades that all capturing the spirit, passion and excitement of Ford Mustang.
Ford Mustang by OPI includes these six limited-edition shades:
- Race Red: The hero color of the collection, Race Red pays tribute to one of Mustang’s signature colors and brings to life the passion and excitement of the iconic car
- Queen of the Road: Inspired by Mustang’s dramatic and perfectly appointed cabin, a black interior evokes sophistication and will always be a classic – just like the little black dress
- 50 Years of Style: Just like Mustang, celebrate all your milestones with this made-to-party golden pearl
- Girls Love Ponies: A woman is multifaceted; this grown-up pink acts as a reminder of her femininity, even as she takes to the wheel of the powerful pony
- The Sky’s My Limit: There is nothing like the freedom of the open road and shimmering, endless blue sky. This aqua hue awakens a woman’s sense of adventure and is a trend shade for summer going into the fall.
- Angel with a Leadfoot: Drive up and say “halo” to this celestial white. Whether worn alone or as an accent, white is essential to a woman’s wardrobe and to making a statement
I decided to try Girls Love Ponies, a shade that’s bolder than I normally opt for. I ended up LOVING the color, so much so that I bought a bottle of it from ULTA when I got back home. They’ve also got a Pony Pack sampler, so you can try out the other shades and see which ones you like the best.
Thanks for Ford for treating us girls to manicures at Go Further With Ford!