To support Breast Cancer Awareness Month, MLS soccer stars Fredy Montero (Seattle Sounders), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Kenny Cooper (New York Red Bulls), Chris Pontius (DC United) and Teal Bunbury (Sporting KC) have each created special adidas pink cleats on www.miadidas.com.
The players will debut their personalized cleats starting this weekend and will wear them for matches throughout October. Fans can purchase the cleats specially designed by each player on the site or create their own Breast Cancer Awareness Month cleats.
mi adidas Breast Cancer Awareness Month Cleat Design Inspiration
- Fredy Montero (Seattle Sounders): “I wanted to keep it simple, but at the same time it means a lot for me now with my wife’s name on my shoes. Also of course I’m trying to support women with this for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.” (Check out Montero’s Predator LZ cleats on miadidas.com)
- Chris Pontius (DC United): “I designed my cleats the way I did because I like the simple color scheme. The pink stripes and laces were added for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the red tongue is for the DC United colors. I like the white basic scheme because it looks very clean and that’s how I went about designing my cleats.” (Check out Pontius’ adizero F50 cleats on miadidas.com)
- Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers): “These will be my first custom cleats, I’m pretty excited. adidas is famous for their stripes, so I wanted to make the stripes, laces and other pieces on my boots pink to support breast cancer awareness. I used black and gold on the rest of the cleat to draw attention and try to make the pink really stand out.” (Check out Nagbe’s adizero F50 cleats on miadidas.com)
- Kenny Cooper (New York Red Bulls): “My inspiration for why I designed my boots with pink stripes and laces are all those who have had breast cancer. I know when I look down on my boots and see the pink that represents Breast Cancer Awareness that I will be inspired by their hope and strength.” (Check out Cooper’s Predator LZ cleats on miadidas.com)
- Teal Bunbury (Sporting KC): “I wanted to make something fun and exciting and that definitely looked good. Mainly though I wanted to show my continued support of Breast Cancer Awareness having that a family member was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Having the ability to design my own cleat gave me the freedom to express my passion for the game.” (Check out Bunbury’s Predator LZ cleats on miadidas.com)