I recently came across this amazing list on Beauty High about the 15 things only girls with curly hair understand, and as someone who’s had to deal with curly hair my entire life, I felt compelled to share it with you guys.
As much as your straight haired friends can try to understand, curly hair is something that can’t be fully grasped unless you have it. Some days you look like you could be in a shampoo ad, while other days it looks like you’ve awoken some kind of beast that’s now sitting on top of your head. If you’ve got curly hair, you know exactly what I mean.
So here are 15 things only girls with curly hair will understand:
- Rainy days are the devil.
- When you’re at the movies and someone behind you says they can’t see over your hair.
- Girls with naturally straight hair constantly say they wish you had your hair. (They’re wrong)
- A morning with curly hair is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you’re going to get.
- If you want to use a curling iron, you need to use a blow dryer and/or straightening iron first.
- Bangs are not a possibility.
- Your hair will never look the same way twice.
- When you straighten your hair, no one will shut up about how your hair looks so much better like that.
- The underside of your hair — which is seen by no one ever — always looks flawless.
- The second you decide to put your hair in a ponytail, there’s no turning back.
- Brushes are a joke.
- You and your curly-haired friends will have hour long conversations about which products work best.
- You’ll never know what it’s like to straighten your hair in less than an hour.
- Frustration builds when one side is curlier than the other.
- You can never try a new hairdresser. Once you find one that works, you’re bound for life, or until they move.
How many of these things can you relate to?